Machine to machine communication
Machine to machine communication is a process to enable the flow of data from one stage to another and then through a gateway to a system, from where it can be accessed and reviewed. M2M basically refers to the capability to communicate with wireless or wired devices of same ability.
Machine to machine communication uses wireless technologies to interact with the other machine such as in the case of a speed measuring system where a traffic policeman get to know your speed from a distance.
M2M involves communication in two ways:
• One way: In this case, one machine behaves as a master and other as a slave; only one of them can transmit signals. For example; Television Set and remote control.
• Two ways: In two ways, both the machine participates equally in the process of communication or say transmission of signal.
In a software development company M2M involves digital technology in for most of the stages. It uses meters and sensors that transmit signals to a computer or other devices via radio technology. Basic stages that are covered by many of the M2M applications are the following:
1) Collection of the basic and essential data or information.
2) Transmission of collected and sorted out data through a communication network or channel.
3) Evaluation and analysis of the data.
4) Reply to the information.
There are various applications of the machine to machine communication such as:
1) Since every thing is wirelessly connected in case of M2M networks, this interconnection can serve to improve production, capability and efficiency. For example, a machine that is used for building cars can be modified so as to let the developers of products know when the certain products needs to be taken in for maintenance and when the material needs to be checked.
2) Wireless technology can be used to track and monitor systems, such as utility meters. This would enable the owner of the meter to know if the meter has been tampered with.
3) Data positioning and global monitoring systems.
4) Street lamp monitoring system.
5) M2M can be used on digital billboards, by which an active advertisers can change the message of the billboard as per the time of the day.
6) Temperature inspection system.
7) Home and office security system.
Today, Machine-to-machine (M2M) communications have materialized as a cutting edge technology for upcoming communication generation communications, and are subjected to rapid development.M2M has been inspiring large number of applications.
In future, machine to machine communication will be used in various important machines such as ATMs (teller machine), point of sales (PoS), bar code scanners and vending machine. There are so many researches going on this scenario to use it in the best possible way to make the life easier and simpler.
BY:- christa joe